Welcome to Year 1 (Archive 14-15)
Welcome to Year 1! Our teacher is Mrs Littler and our teaching assistants are Mrs McVeigh and Miss Byrne. There are 26 very lovely and enthusiastic children in our class and we are always excited to learn new things. We love to learn and work very hard to become independent learners.
Our topic this half term is Robots. In English we will be reading a wide range of texts about robots and carrying out various activities and exciting writing tasks.
We will also be looking at a range of other subjects within this theme including Science, Design and Technology, Art and Design and Music.
In Art and DT we will spend time looking at pictures of a range of robots and identifying the similarities and differences between them. Then go on to use a range of media and techniques to draw robots and use different materials to make 3d robots from construction kits and other materials.
As part of this theme we will also explore the body and the 5 senses. We will find out what our body is made up of, discuss whether humans are all the same and if we are animals.
In Music lessons Mrs Dickson will give the children chance to listen to live recordings and explore the melody in each one.
Plus lots more……
Please check back to see what we get up to along the way.
General information about Year 1:
- Snack money is £1.00 per week.
- Spellings are given out on Monday each week.
- Spelling tests are on Friday.
- We need to read at home every night. When we have read at home 25 times we receive a certificate and a book prize in gathering.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and handed in the following Friday.
- We have PE on Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons, but should always have our kit in school.
- We learn 2s, 5s and 10s times tables. A times table champion is chosen each week and we receive a certificate and trophy in gathering.
- A pupil of the week is also chosen and they receive a certificate in gathering.
Year 1 Timetable
Thank you for visiting our class page.