Welcome to Year 5 (Archive 14-15)
Welcome to Year 5! Our teachers are Mrs Ormerod (Mrs O!) and our teaching assistant is Mrs Gwyther. There are 25 children in our class and we enjoy learning in all areas of the Curriculum. We work hard on being resilient and resourceful learners, keen to do our very best and love to learn. You can see an overview of what we learn in our class by looking at the Curriculum section of our school website:
Below are some of the exciting things we've been getting up to in class :)
Click the links below to see our letters:
Learning all about the life cycle of a flowering plant - first hand!
We lived the life of an indigenous tribe, having to defend our forest from the loggers. An AWESOME day!
Final pieces using paint, watercolour pencils, chalk and oil pastels.
Developing our original drawings experimenting with paints watercolour pencils, pastels and chalk.
Election Fever 2015!
Election fever started today at Delph Side with Year 5 being set the challenge to stage an election! Click here to get the latest on the Delph Side General Election!
In Design Technology we have been busy making our tool belts for using on an Amazon Adventure!
Perry demonstrating what tools he uses and how he carries them around school.
Making a prototype.
Making our tool belt.
The Amazon came to us!
Drawing leaves from observation, using colours to shade and add detail.
The Big Deforestation Debate!
What is THE most important reason for WHY we should stop destroying our Rainforests?
Year 5 prioritising arguments.
Top two reasons:
1. Vast amounts of Carbon Dioxide is released, destroying the Ozone Layer.
2. Deforestation takes away vital Oxygen sources from the World.
Amazon-azing Animal Adventure
Here are three amazing pieces of work from today! Click the links below to see them:
Year 5 being Amazon explorers using Google Earth - it was like we were really there!
'Feeling' Air Resistance!
Helping us with our parachute experiment......does the size of a parachute affect how quickly it falls to Earth?
A fortunate cloudy view of the Eclipse!
Doing something funny for money!
Year 5's Recipe for using the Internet Safely
- Sprinkle a little kindness into the mix, by not sending chain e-mails or viruses.
- Add a little protection when using the internet. Make it so friends can only view your profile and use good anti virus software.
- Be careful what you are viewing.
- Definitely do NOT cyberbully, it is a lot like normal bullying but with a twist of internet.
- Another no is to not give your personal details out, you will regret it if you do.
- Add a pinch of security, only talk to people you know.
- Why not, instead of a real picture of yourself, add a picture of something you like, such as a cartoon animal, or a favourite poster.
Getting Gory in Year 5 Science - Making (pretend) blood!
Exploring the make up of blood, finding out how it's made.
Using contrasting and complimentary colours in our art.
French Colour Mixing
Here are Year 5 hard at work practicing colour mixing while learning the names of the colours in french!
Roald Dahl Day in Year 5
Creating new story openings for the BFG as part of Roald Dahl Day.
A giant has escaped from the pit! People of Sklemersdale, you are in danger!
......but don't worry, Year 5 have been busy writing a character description to put on a WANTED poster!
Here they are presenting their work back to the rest of the class.
Thank you for visiting our class page.