Accessibility and Inclusion
What can our school offer?
At Delph Side Community Primary School we offer:
- A commitment to providing a fully accessible environment which values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual, emotional and cultural needs.
- A fully wheelchair accessible school with doorways and entrances on a single level and dropped curbs for easy access for wheelchair and pram users.
- A disabled toilet accessible to parents, visitors, staff and children.
- Accessible disabled parking spaces in the school car park.
- Modern furniture throughout the school is that is of a suitable height and appropriate to the age group of children being taught in each classroom.
- A continuously updated website with a school newsletter and a diary to inform parents of events, ensuring excellent communication with parents.
- Displays throughout the school that are accessible to all children and visitors as well as staff.
- Information that is made available in various formats, as requested.
- Children throughout the school are taught through Quality First teaching, using visual, audio and kinaesthetic aids where deemed necessary. The school has a range of ICT for pupils with Special Educational Needs, in addition to IPADs, computers and headphones there are interactive whiteboards in every classroom.