Health (including emotional health and wellbeing)
What can our school offer?
At Delph Side Community Primary School we offer:
- The facility for parents to fill out a medication form for children who require medication in school to have it administered to them and for the medication to be securely stored in the school office so that children can access it.
- Care plans (if required) that are created directly involving parents alongside the SENCO and with advice from the designated medical professional.
- Advice from the school nurse if the school is informed of any allergy by parents, to support setting up a care plan.
- Trained staff that in case of a medical emergency, that will call 999 first and then parents after.
- Care plans that are placed in the staffroom, SENCO office and in the relevant classroom related to the child so that all members of staff are informed of the details and changes to any care plan as and when they arise.
- Annual training for staff is provided for epi-pens and inhalers by the school nurse.
- Medical boxes containing the medical policy and a register to record any use of inhalers or cream in each classroom.
- The BASE (behaviour, attendance, social and emotional) Team consists of the SENCO, Learning Mentor and Attendance officer who work collaboratively and are monitored by the headteacher to keep records of any children who may be experiencing social and emotional difficulties.
- Learning Mentor support for individual children in a caring environment, providing private time for them to express any worries that they may be experiencing, allowing children to feel safe and happy at our school, with emotional issues being resolved quickly and sensitively.